South Coast Botanic Garden (SCBG) is making sure that this HOWL-o-ween is full of tricks AND treats! They’re inviting you and your furry friends to an exclusive Halloween dog walk on October 30, 2022. So grab a leash, bring along your four-legged friends, and put on your best costumes.
Be sure to take a picture of you and/or your pup all dressed up and post it on Instagram using the hashtag #SCBGCostumeContest to be entered to win 2 tickets to their upcoming light exhibit.
Found in Palos Verdes, this gorgeous 87-acre garden is home to more than 2500+ unique species of plants making it quite the lush oasis. Now you and your fur baby can escape the city and take in all of its natural beauty. Be sure to keep in mind that there are only a few spots off limits to dogs out of safety and precaution. This includes the Bohannon Rose Garden and the Koi Pond―but not to worry, you and your pup will still be able to enjoy a majority of this green-filled gem.
Halloween dog-walk code of conduct:
- Dogs must be on a leash and kept with owners at all times when on the grounds, this includes the parking lot.
- Out of safety for everyone, please keep 6 feet apart from others.
- All dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations and registrations.
- To protect humans and fur babies alike, stay on designated paths and trails. As South Botanic Garden puts it, “This protects all life forms (plants and animals)!”
- They also state on their site, “By participating in these special Dog Walking Hours, owners take full responsibility for their dog’s/dogs’ behavior.”
- Respect the garden and leave no trace. Please, clean up after yourself and your pup. Doggy bags are available on site.
- SCBG follows the Los Angeles Dog Park Municipal Codes, which can be found here: https://www.laparks.org/dogparks
This special dog walk is taking place on October 30, 2022 from 9A.M. to 4:30P.M. All halloweenies, bloodhounds, pugins, and all other four-legged friends are welcome! Check out time slots and grab your tickets here.