It’s no secret that dating in Los Angeles can be quite the journey—in every sense of the phrase. From battling traffic in order to see someone and working around busy work schedules, to making sure they align with our favorite baseball team. If only there was a way to know if a dynamic with a potential suiter was really going to work out… well, thanks to our readers, now we know!
We decided to ask our Facebook audience full of Angelenos to share their top red flags when dating in L.A.—and they delivered. (Along with some of our own!)
1. When someone says, “I used to work in the industry…”
2. When they don’t like dogs.
3. “I don’t like tacos.”
4. When they don’t enjoy hiking.
5. “I’m an Angels fan.”
6. When they prefer red sauce over green sauce.
7. “I hate avocados.”
8. When they’re rude to the wait staff.
9. Any sign of impatience. We’re used to traffic and waiting in long In-N-Out lines. Patience is in our blood.
10. When they eat their tacos plain.
11. “I don’t have a car.” (Note: Hey! As long as you have that TAP card, you’re okay in our book. 😏)
12. They won’t drive me to LAX.
13. They refuse to explore anywhere outside of West L.A.
14. When they eat a pupusa with a fork.
15. “I like the Clippers.”
16. When they say they’re working on a script. (Note: We felt personally attacked by this one.)
17. When they admit they’ve never had a bacon hot dog.
18. When they say, “L.A. is fake.”
19. “I’m an entrepreneur.”
20. “In-N-Out is overrated.”
21. They already know all the good spots to catch a good view.
22. When they say “I live in such and such neighborhood…adjacent.”
23. When they have the audacity to ask if it’s safe to eat street tacos.
24. They have the citizen app sound alert on their cell.
25: Plot twist: You see them commit a crime on the citizen app.
Did we miss any? Feel free to send your responses over on our Instagram!