It’s Time For Girl Scout Cookies!
Girl Scout cookie season runs from January to Mid-March here in Los Angeles County. If you haven’t already grabbed a few boxes of your favorite cookies, then it’s time to get on it. Sadly, not every single flavor is available nationwide. The Los Angeles County Girl Scouts are offering the following flavors of cookies:
- Adventurefuls – Indulgent brownie-inspired cookies with caramel-flavored creme and a hint of sea salt
- Thin Mints – Crisp, chocolatey cookies made with natural oil of peppermint
- Samoas – Crisp cookies with caramel, coconut, and chocolatey stripes
- Trefoils – Iconic shortbread cookies inspired by the original Girl Scout recipe
- Tagalongs – Crispy cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolatey coating
- Do-si-dos – Oatmeal sandwich cookies with peanut butter filling
- Lemon-Ups – Crispy lemon-flavored cookies with inspiring messages to lift your spirits
- Toffee-tastic – Rich, buttery cookies with sweet, crunchy toffee bits
- Girl Scout S’mores – Graham sandwich cookies with chocolatey and marshmallowy flavored filling
Even if you have dietary restrictions, the Girl Scouts have got you covered. They have options for almost everyone. The Toffee-tastic cookies are gluten-free, and the Thin Mints and Tagalongs are vegan. But the great news is that every flavor cookie is kosher and halal-certified.
This annual cookie-selling program is a sweet tradition across the country, and most of us look forward to grabbing more of the sweet treats every year. The Girl Scout Cookie Program is the largest “girl-led entrepreneurial program in the world.” When selling cookies, the girls learn five essential skills like, goal setting, decision-making, money management, people skills, and business ethics.
Plus, all of the proceeds from sales stay locally within the community to “fund life-changing, girl-led programs, experiences, and learning all year long.” So you can feel good about buying up a few more boxes for your friends and family and help support the next generation of leaders at the same time.
Stock Up Till Next Year
Whether your favorite flavor is Do-si-dos or Thin Mints, you can grab a few boxes to throw in the freezer till next cookie season. Use the Cookie Locator on their website here to discover a cookie booth location near you or to find a local troop selling cookies online. Support the Girl Scouts in the most delicious way.