The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority has created the Metro Micro program where Angelenos can ride within the Los Angeles area for only $1.
The service was introduced just last year and has been compared to the likes of Lyft and Uber. However, the ultimate difference is their price point. Each ride is only $1, and the first two rides are free with online registration.
How To Book A Ride:
- iOS and Android users can download the Micro Metro app.
- Riders can also book a ride online at book.metro-micro.net.
- Or call 323.GO.METRO (323.466.3876)
Operating times vary in each zone. There are hundreds of pick-up and drop-off points within the service zones, which can be viewed on the Metro Micro app or on the online booking portal. Rides must start and complete within each zone. Riders will also share the vehicle with up to 10 people.
- Watts/ Compton:
- LAX/ Inglewood
- North Hollywood/ Burbank
- El Monte
- Highland Park/ Eagle Rock/ Glendale
- Altadena/ Pasadena/ Sierra Madre
- Northwest San Fernando Valley
- UCLA/ Westwood/ VA Medical Center
This program is aimed at helping locals get around easily and affordably. Micro Metro has stated that their mission is to provide a service that is “…a fast, safe and convenient option for quick trips around town.”
For the full Metro Micro schedule and information, visit the Metro Micro website.
Here are 10 quintessential rides around Los Angeles.