Handy with a camera? A pro at Premiere? Get in touch!
We are currently looking for an L.A.-based videographer/editor to join the Secret Los Angeles team, shooting and editing videos about interesting things to do in the city.
Working within a fun, dynamic and fast-growing start-up, this new role provides an excellent opportunity for a junior videographer to showcase their skills to a large and highly engaged audience. We’re looking for someone who can create fizzy, distinctive videos about L.A. life, by combining motion graphics and self-shot video.
Fever and the Secret Media Network were founded to help people find the best things to do in their city. We started in Spain and have grown fast. We’re now in London, New York, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Ibiza and more, with millions of followers across our social channels. Secret Los Angeles is the most recent addition!
This role will initially be on a freelance basis. You’ll be attending events and venues across Los Angeles to shoot footage (preferably with your own equipment to start with), then turning the raw materials into snappy, shareable videos for promotion on social media. You’ll be familiar with all stages of the process from arranging shoots to capturing beautiful images to editing, colour correction and creating witty captions!
As the role progresses and potentially becomes full-time there’s an opportunity to make a larger contribution, identifying new types of content we can make, finding stories our competitors have missed, and having a major role in growing our audience in the Los Angeles area.
- Attendance at various locations every week to shoot experiential videos e.g. openings, events, pop-up experiences
- Edit a wide range of social media videos; unscripted and scripted, using both original and archival footage; including branded content
- Quickly assemble edits and proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Create a polished final edit with colouring, sound mix and captions to be published on social channels
- Showreel and portfolio of previous work
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in Design, Film, Communication or related field
- Experience with scripted and unscripted web content
- Proven experience in working on professional-quality video
- Fluent in English with confidence to write your own video copy
- Keen interest in latest trends in social media and digital video platforms
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Willingness to work outside office hours when necessary, and to tight deadlines
- A passion for and knowledge of the Greater LA area, with tons of ideas
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Media Encoder
- Comfortable creating video and still imagery using digital cameras (Sony Alpha series, GoPro, iPhone, etc.)
- Motion graphics and titling experience
- Confidence in ability to create diverse video formats such as cinemagraphs, gifs and typographical animation
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates and the latest digital workflows
- Understanding of basic colour-correction within Premiere
- Understanding of basic sound design and mixing within Premiere and Audition
It’s better to apply sooner rather than later!
You must include links to a showreel or previous work in your cover letter.
Also, please suggest three places in L.A you think would make great video subjects, and why.
Ready? Apply here.