The Academy Museum is spreading love all summer long with screenings of some of the most iconic romantic films throughout the 20th century. Taking place at their Ted Mann Theater, the showcased films dive into different aspects of love, and the beautiful sentimental challenges and victories that come with it.
Their series kicks off on June 2 with ‘Mississippi Masala’, a powerful film that examines the cultural differences between two characters and proves how love will always prevail. After this screening, there will be a reception in the Ted Mann Lobby to celebrate the launch of the Summer of Love: 1990s Romances series. Guests in attendance will be able to enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, and pastries.
From romantic comedies to total tear-jerkers, the film lineup includes:
- ‘But I’m a Cheerleader’ and ‘Point Break’ on June 4 at 7:30P.M. (Double-feature.)
- ‘The Age Of Innocence’ on June 17 at 7:30P.M.
- ‘The Watermelon Woman’ and ‘Greetings From Africa’ on June 18 at 7:30P.M.
- ‘The Best Man’ on June 19 at 2:00P.M.
- ‘Love Jones’ on June 24 at 7:30P.M.
- ‘My Own Private Idah0’ on June 30 at 7:30P.M.
- ‘Before Sunrise’ on July 1 at 7:30P.M.
- And so much more! Find the full schedule here.
This romantic-filled programming takes place from June 2 to July 30. Bring your tissues and get ready for a cinematic summer full of warmth, kisses, heartbreak, and triumph. General tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for seniors. Discounted tickets are $5 and are available to students, children, and matinee-goers.