The neighborhood pub is showing its support for the black lives matter movement.
While most businesses are boarding up on the Eastside Boulevard, the polished pub is opening up its doors to offer free food to anyone on Thursday, June 4, between 12 pm and 5 pm. Each person that wants a free lunch will be able to choose between wings (including vegetarian or boneless) or a burger (including vegan) but it will need to eat it elsewhere as there will only be a take-out option available.
In addition to the generous offer, all other proceeds from tomorrow’s sales will be directly donated to Black Lives Matter Los Angeles, according to their announcement. If you’re unable to make it you can still show your support through their gofundme page. Of course, all COVID-19 related safety measures will be in place and those that do go will be expected to adhere to regulations around masks and social distancing.
“All, we are without words right now. We don’t know what to do. But what we do know is that this community–the incredible sisters and brothers in and around Highland Park–are the greatest family in Los Angeles and we want to unite together,” their Instagram announcement said. “We’ll do everyone’s lunch FOR FREE because we love you and the love you’ve given us.”
A few notes, according to the post:
- Free meals limited to Burger+FF, Chicken Sando+FF, Vegan Burger+FF, Wings+FF, Veggie Wings+FF, Boneless Wings+FF –
- Proceeds from the rest of menu available, with all proceeds going to BLMLA
- Each person must be present to receive a free meal
- Take out only (no delivery)
- No phone orders, must order in person.
- Please remember to social distance while lining up and ordering (and waiting)
- Open from noon and take our last order at 5 .
- DM them on Instagram if you have any questions.
Highland Park – 5570 N Figueroa St., LA, CA 90042
Featured Image: HIHP