Get ready to be blown away by the powerful and sustainable work of Danish environmental artist, Thomas Dambo! Known for his jaw-dropping giant troll sculptures made out of recycled materials — his creations have traversed the globe, and now they have arrived at the South Coast Botanic Garden for the West Coast to enjoy.
Find yourself in a mythical realm as the acclaimed artist’s folklore-inspired troll sculptures compliment the nature that surrounds them. These six larger-than-life trolls are taking over the garden’s 87 acres with a message. They are here to save the humans and each sculpture has its own designated class for you to learn from them.
The trolls aren’t only here to wow us, they are also here to teach us how to be one with Earth. In honor of Thomas Dambo’s TROLLS: Save the Humans exhibit, South Coast Botanic Garden is offering classes that are inspired by each statue. Check the schedule here:
- From Trash to Treasure: Sustainable Jewelry Making (Inspired by Kamma Can, the Trash Troll)
- 10 – 11:30 a.m. Saturday October 14
- 2 – 3:30 p.m. Saturday, October 14
- 2 – 3:30 p.m. Saturday, November 18
- Mega Meditation Class, Whispers of Nature (Inspired by Sofus Lotus, the Listening Troll)
- 10 a.m. – 11 a.m., Sunday, October 22
- Crafting Connections: Creating Bird Feeders Workshop (Inspired by Ibbi Pip, the Birdhouse Troll)
- 10 – 11:30 a.m., Saturday, October 28
- 2 – 3:30 p.m., Saturday, October 28
- Blooms & Beauty: Crafting Fresh Flower Crowns (Inspired by Rosa Sunfinger, the Botanical Troll)
- 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Friday, November 10
- Introduction to Nature Journaling (Inspired by Ronja Redeye, the Speaker Troll)
- 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Saturday, November 11
For more information on these classes, please visit the SCBG site here. These beloved trolls are only here for a few months, so don’t miss your chance to witness this monumental showcase!
🎟️ Tickets: FREE with Garden General Admission Tickets, grab them here!
📅When: Now through January 14, 2024
📍Location: 26300 Crenshaw Blvd, Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274