The Los Angeles County Fair is back in town which means all your favorite fair-themed eats are making a return!
When you live in a health-conscious city like Los Angeles, it’s always a pleasure when an event promoting deep-fried foods comes to town. The rides, games, and concerts are great and all, but… food is always our top priority, to be honest. Festivities kick off on Friday, August 30 but if you can’t make it opening weekend, noo need to stress – the L.A. County Fair will be in town until Sunday, September 22!
Since last year’s Route 66-themed $6.60 food menu was such a hit, the fair has decided to announce an even cheaper menu for this 2019’s pop-art theme. The Pop Menu features fair classics as well as a few colorful and reimagined eats, all of which, sporting a $6.50 price tag. We’ve made a list of 12 of the food items that you’ve got to try! (Don’t let your summer diet make you feel guilty, the fair is only in town once a year!)
**Be sure to keep your eye out for vendors displaying a pop-art sign so you know who’s participating in the $6.50 menu shenanigans!
1. TMNT Corn On The Cob from Crazy Corn
2. Fonzie Fish Stick Taco from Pizmo’s Chowder House
3. Dole Whip Cup from Dole Whip
4. Indian Fry Bread Street Taco from Indian Fry Bread
5. Deep-Fried Pineapples from Chicken Charlies
6. 1/3 Slice of Ten Pound Bun from Ten Pound Buns
The Farm & Gardens
7. BBQ Pork Sundae from Texas Style BBQ
8. Single Scoope Ice Cream in Fresh Waffle Cone from After’s Ice Cream
9. Hatch Green Chilie Carne Fries from Long Board
10. Bacon Dog & Fries from Bacon-A-Fair
11. Chocolate Dipped Beef Jerky from Timbo’s Fresh Beef Jerky
12. Small Tasti Chips from Tasti Chips
Featured photo: Los Angeles County Fair
Also published on Medium.