Big changes are coming to the Crypto.com Arena home to L.A.’s Lakers, Kings, and Sparks announced AEG in a press release.
AEG released the full details of their nine-figure plans which include upgrades to the arena itself to new additions that expand into the street below. The plans call for an expansion of the Xbox Plaza on Chick Hearn Court which will create an outdoor community plaza that will connect to the arena for pedestrians to cross through safely.
“The wide-ranging renovations to the arena and Xbox Plaza will provide fans with entirely new ways to experience their favorite sports and music events,” said Lee Zeidman, President of Crypto.com Arena, Microsoft Theater and L.A. LIVE. “In addition to creating new and refreshed hospitality options and spaces on multiple levels throughout the arena, nearly all public and backstage areas of Crypto.com Arena will be included in this transformative project.”
The New Renovations Include:
- Newly designed City View Terrace that includes indoor and outdoor dining with a view overlooking DTLA.
- Multi-level Tunnel Club with new hospitality spaces and an exclusive viewing for VIP guests that includes a personal backstage window to catch players and performers as they make their way to locker rooms.
- A Chairman’s Club that VIP guests and select season ticket members can visit before, during, and after events.
- An installation of new LED screens and ribbon boards.
- Upgraded Impact Sports Bar & Grill on the Main Concourse.
- and so much more!
“Crypto.com Arena is part of the fabric of Los Angeles, and we are incredibly proud of the role it continues to play in creating some of the most memorable moments in sports and entertainment. Since its opening, we have invested hundreds of millions of dollars to ensure that the venue remains state-of-the-art, while consistently creating a world-class event and fan experience. The investment in these renovations demonstrates the ongoing commitment of AEG…” said Dan Beckerman, President and CEO of AEG.
The renovations began in May of this year and are set to be complete sometime in 2024 according to the AEG press release. Some of the upgrades will be ready when the 2022-23 NHL and NBA seasons start in October.
See more: New Renderings Of Gondola Lift From DTLA To Dodger Stadium Unveiled