Watch Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic movies and TV shows all for free!
If you’ve effectively molded yourself to the couch and need a change of scenery but still want a cinematic escape, then the Disney+ Drive-In Festival rolling into Santa Monica might be just the ticket—and it’s totally free. From October 5, the fans will be treated to all their favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic films and shows.
Reservations open up on Monday, September 28 at 10 am, with “extremely limited” and there’s already a virtual queue for tickets, so you know it’s going to be something you don’t want to miss. Only one registered ticket is required for each vehicle with no more than four people per car.
Hey, Californians! Something exciting is right down the road… The #DisneyPlusDriveIn Festival pulls into Santa Monica, CA from October 5-12. Learn more: https://t.co/GUT8mraDBY pic.twitter.com/NuHDkZWY15
— Disney+ (@disneyplus) September 25, 2020
This week of entertainment will begin with the world premiere of The Right Stuff before it starts streaming Friday, October 9 on Disney+. To end off the festival, a Disney+ Original Movie Clouds will be premiered and released on October 16 on the streaming platform. Both premiers will only be open to guests with invites, but there’ll be six whole nights filled with beloved classics spanning the decades, including Tangled, Hocus Pocus and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. There’ll even be a sing-a-long version of The Sound of Music if that’s your sort of thing.
Each night will begin with a classic animated short, an episode of “The Simpsons” or a sneak peek at an upcoming Disney+ Original.
Here’s the full schedule:
- Monday, October 5 – world premiere, invite-only screening of “The Right Stuff”
- Tuesday, October 6 – “Tangled,” celebrating the film’s 10th anniversary
- Wednesday, October 7 – “Coco,” celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month
- Thursday, October 8 – “Star Wars: The Empire Strike Back,” celebrating the movie’s 40th anniversary
- Friday, October 9 – “Hocus Pocus” for Halloween Night
- Saturday, October 10 – “The Sound of Music Sing-A-Long,” celebrating the movie’s 55th anniversary
- Sunday, October 11 – “Captain Marvel,” celebrating International Day of the Girl
- Monday, October 12 – world premiere, invite-only screening of “Clouds”
[Featured Image: Disney/Pixar]