Calling all Angelenos who want to cast their vote in this year’s local elections — Election Day is Tuesday, November 7, 2023! Be sure you’re ready for the big day by doing your research. We created a guide for you below to make sure Election Day is as smooth as possible for you.
Am I eligible to vote?
To vote in Los Angeles, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a Los Angeles resident
- Be at least 18 years old before or on Election Day
How can I register to vote?
The deadline to register to vote was on October 25, 2023 — but don’t worry, if you missed it, you can still vote! Those who are eligible may use Conditional Voter Registration in order to register in person and vote using a provisional ballot.
Unsure if you’re registered? Check your registration status here.
When and where can I vote?
Polling places will be open for voting and ballot drop-off from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day (November 7, 2023).
If voting in person, find your assigned polling place and a map with wait times here.
If voting by mail, you can return your completed ballot to any of the city’s polling places during working hours, as well as the official ballot drop boxes which are open 24/7 until the close of polls at 8 p.m. on November 7, 2023.
Anything else I should know?
- If returned in person, ballots must be returned before 8 p.m. on Election Day.
- If returned by mail, ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day, and received by your local election office no later than 7 days after Election Day.
- You don’t need to show ID when voting in person if you’ve voted in California before. If you registered to vote by mail and didn’t include an ID number on the form, you may be asked to provide some form of identification. Learn more about what to bring here.
- If voters have questions or experience any issues, you can call the toll-free Voter Hotline at (800) 345-VOTE (8683)
We hope you have a happy and smooth Election Day, Los Angeles!