What’s spooky season without cinema? Los Angeles is full of horror movie screenings all around town this Halloween — and there’s something for every level of thrill seekers. From spine-chilling classics to family-friendly flicks, there’s a screening waiting for you around every corner. Gather your bravest (and even not so brave) friends and plan a movie date below!
Cinespia is bringing another season of creepy movie magic to three iconic locations in L.A. This fall they’ll be taking over the Hollywood Forever Cemetary, the Los Angeles Orpheum Theatre, and the LA State Historic Park with DJs, themed photo booths, good food, and more. Find the lineup below:
- October 20, 2023: The Ring (2002) at Los Angeles State Historic Park
- October 21, 2023: Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix at Hollywood Forever Cemetary
- October 31, 2023: Rosemary’s Baby + Halloween Party at Hollywood Forever Cemetary
🎬Tickets: Get your tickets here!
👻Location: Hollywood Forever Cemetary, the Los Angeles Orpheum Theatre, and the LA State Historic Park
Street Food Cinema is known for matching up the movie, food, and settings to the season. Since it’s Halloween, you can gather your picnic clique and head to one of these deliciously thrilling Halloween screenings at various open-air locations around L.A. Just in time for the spooky season, Street Food Cinema is lining up with Halloween Blockbuster hits, live music, and food trucks this month — all under the stars.
- October 20, 2023: Paramount Scares Present: Boo-ze, Bites, and Frights
- October 21, 2023: Paramount Scares Present: Boo-ze, Bites, and Frights
- October 21, 2023: Halloweentown
- October 28, 2023: Hocus Pocus
👻Location: Varies on screenings
Now, this one is for you spooky lovers and tokers out there. 420 every Sunday at The Cannabis And Movies Club — and it’s double the festivities this Halloween season.
- Sunday, October 22nd, 2023: Beetlejuice
🎬Tickets: Get your membership here!
👻Location: 14082 Ventura Boulevard #UNIT A Los Angeles, CA 91423
Catch your favorite horror film with a side of stunning skyline views at Rooftop Cinema Club. These outdoor screenings are hosted in DTLA, the Arts District, and El Segundo. Each venue is complete with a full bar and food, so you can take the dinner and a movie experience to soaring new heights all spooky season-long.
🎬👻 Tickets & Locations:
Nothing screams Halloween like a foggy skyline with glowing lights of the city and your favorite cult thriller lighting up an open space. Make your way to one of these rooftop movies at The Montalbán for a cinematic experience for a night full of films, food, and more. Just make sure you grab the front seats; you never know what’s lurking behind you in the dead of the night.
- Ocotober 19, 2023: Sleepy Hollow
- October 20, 2023: A Nightmare on Elm Street
- October 26, 2023: Night of the Living Dead
- October 27, 2023: Scream
- October 28, 2023: Jason Goes to Hell
👻 Location: The Montalbán Theatre, 1615 Vine St., 90028