LACMA is one of the city’s largest museums, featuring works of art from around the world. This spring, they are honoring some of L.A.’s finest musicians with a weekly jazz event. Every Friday in front of the iconic Urban Light, Angelenos will get the chance to catch live music from local acts.
LACMA states that their overall mission with their events and art programming “…is to serve the public through the collection, conservation, exhibition, and interpretation of significant works of art from a broad range of cultures and historical periods, and through the translation of these collections into meaningful educational, aesthetic, intellectual, and cultural experiences for the widest array of audiences.”
Their Friday night jazz starts at 6 p.m. and is completely free. No prior registration is needed, but you can sign up here to receive a reminder email for the event. Seating and picnic space is limited, and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. This incredible showcase is made possible in part by a grant from the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs.
🎷 Spring LACMA Jazz Schedule:
- Friday, April 28 with the Los Angeles Jazz Orchestra
- Friday, May 5 with Grant Geissman
- Friday, May 12 with Daniel Rotem Quartet
- Friday, May 19 with Oscar Hernández & Alma Libre
- Friday, May 26 with Dwight Trible Trio
- Friday, June 2 with Keschia Potter Quartet
- Friday, June 9 with Theo Saunders Quintet
- Friday, June 16 with Katalyst
- Friday, June 23 with Highland Park House Band
Find more information on their jazz schedule here. You can even make it a day full of both art and music by visiting their museum. Admission is free after 3 p.m. to all L.A. County residents. Get the full admission details here. Whether it’s solo date or you’re going with someone special, it’s sure to be a romantic evening.
📍 Location: 5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036