Some curfews are stricter today and have already begun.
SEE JUNE 2 CURFEWS HERE.
L.A. County curfew will continue on Monday from 6:00 PM until 6:00 AM on Tuesday. The curfew applies to every municipality in Los Angeles County, however, each city can implement stricter curfews based on their local needs.
This means residents in all incorporated and unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County will be required to stay off public streets, avenues, boulevards, places, walkways, alleys, parks or any public areas or unimproved private realty, according to the announcement.
The following cities have implemented stricter curfews that began earlier today:
- Beverly Hills– 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Burbank- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Culver City- 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Glendale- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Long Beach- 1:00 p.m. (in the business district) 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. (citywide)
- Santa Monica– 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- West Hollywood– 4:00 p.m. and ending at sunrise
Depending on how the situation develops, the curfew maybe is continued for as long as necessary. At the moment, the curfews ar short-term, direct responses to the unrest.
Not adhering to the order is a misdemeanor and will be fined up to $1,000 or by imprisonment for up to six months (or both) as provided by LACC section 2.68.320 or any applicable state or municipal law.