Pump up the A/C and break out the fan and sunscreen. Things are heating up in Los Angeles!
The National Weather Service issued a heat warning for Southern California from Wednesday morning through Monday evening. Temperatures can reach as high as could reach as high as 108 degrees in certain areas. They also shared tips on how to stay safe during this time: wear lightweight clothing, drink water, do not leave people/pets in vehicles, check on elderly neighbors, family & friends. Get their full recommendations here.
Stay Safe And Find A Cooling Center Near You:
- Canoga Park Senior Center: 7326 Jordan Ave., Canoga Park, CA 91303
- Jim Gilliam Recreation Center: 4000 S La Brea Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90008
- Lafayette Recreation Center: 625 S La Fayette Park Pl. Los Angeles, CA 90005
- Lincoln Park Recreation Center: 3501 Valley Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90031
- Mid Valley Senior Center: 8825 Kester Ave. in Panorama City, CA 91402
- South Los Angeles Sports Activity Center: 7020 S Figueroa St. Los Angeles, CA 90003
- Sylmar Recreation Center: 13109 Borden Ave. Sylmar, CA 91342
- Westchester Senior Center: 7000 W Manchester Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Westwood Recreation Center: 1350 S Sepulveda Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90025
You can also find the closest cooling center near you here.
Looking for another way to cool down? These 47 theaters across Los Angeles are selling $3 tickets this Saturday in honor of National Cinema Day!