Murphy-Goode Winery requests a simple video application for this year-long position in Healdsburg, CA.
Yes, you read that right! This Sonoma winery just posted an incredible job listing for those looking to get into the wine industry, or as they call it, “A Really Goode Job.” They’re offering a $10,000 a month salary and free rent for a year in Healdsburg, where you can jumpstart your career in winemaking under the leadership of Murphy-Goode winemaker Dave Ready Jr. If that weren’t enough, you’ll also get 30 cases of wine!
To apply, the winery simply requests an application video (creativity and humor encouraged). According to the posting, they are looking for someone who:
• Takes life one sip at a time
• Willing to have your employer pay your rent in Sonoma County specifically in the idyllic town of Healdsburg
• Desire to make a positive impact on each department that you interact with
• You didn’t choose wine; wine chose you
• Answers, “yes, please” when someone asks you “red or white”
• Your preferred Swiss Army knife is a wine key
• Believes Yoga in the vineyard > Yoga in a studio
Watch Murphy-Goode’s video promoting the position below:
Applicants must be over 21 years of age and have legal U.S. residency status. The job description explains that the new hire will acquire comprehensive knowledge of vineyards, winery operations, E-commerce, and more. They will assist the team during harvest, build demand for Murphy-Goode Winery, create a strong network in Sonoma, and essentially jumpstart their winemaking career thanks to the Murphy-Goode team.
The fine print also mentions that applicants must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and the work is overtime-exempt requiring flexible availability.
Yep, this sounds like a sweet deal to us! Be sure to submit your video application no later than June 30, 2021.
[Featured Image: Murphy-Goode via Facebook]