We are all in need of a change of scenery from time to time―and the same holds true for our furry little friends. South Coast Botanic Garden (SCBG) has just the perfect solution in mind. Every Sunday, they’re welcoming you to grab a leash and bring along your four-legged friend to explore its lavish grounds.
Found in Palos Verdes, this gorgeous 87-acre garden is home to more than 2500+ unique species of plants making it quite the lush oasis. Now you and your fur baby can escape the city and take in all of its natural beauty. Be sure to keep in mind that there are only a few spots off limits to dogs out of safety and precaution. This includes the Bohannon Rose Garden and the Koi Pond―but not to worry, you and your pup will still be able to enjoy a majority of this green-filled gem.
If you do plan on bringing your fur baby along, please follow the code of conduct below:
- Dogs must be on a leash and kept with owners at all times when on grounds, this includes the parking lot.
- Out of safety for everyone, please keep 6 feet apart from others.
- All dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations and registrations.
- To protect humans and fur babies alike, stay on designated paths and trails. As South Botanic Garden puts it, “This protects all life forms (plants and animals)!”
- They also state on their site, “By participating in these special Dog Walking Hours, owners take full responsibility for their dog’s/dogs’ behavior.”
- Respect the garden and leave no trace. Please, clean up after yourself and your pup. Doggy bags are available on site.
- SCBG follows the Los Angeles Dog Park Municipal Codes, which can be found here: https://www.laparks.org/dogparks
These special dog walk hours happen every Sunday from 9A.M. to 5P.M. All four-legged and two-legged friends are welcome!
For non-members, garden admission prices for adults range from $11-15, get the full entrance details here. Find the full details and information on these exclusive dog walk hours on the South Coast Botanic Garden’s official website. For any questions or concerns, you can contact SCBG here.
Read more: Love Spots Like South Coast Botanic Garden? Check Out These Gorgeous Botanical Gardens Around L.A.