After a long hiatus, Summer Happenings at The Broad are back and better than ever.
All season, the museum is hosting performances, live music, screenings, and more. The events happen right at The Broad and most are highlighting their two newest exhibitions This Is Not America’s Flag and Takashi Murakami: Stepping on the Tail of a Rainbow.
“The Broad is happy to announce a return to live programming after a 3-year hiatus,” shared The Broad. “Join us monthly for events that span a culturally diverse mix of performers and enjoy exclusive after-hours access to the museum and its special exhibitions.”
The Broad Summer Happenings Schedule:
- Thursday, July 18: Music by Thundercat, Ginger Root, Linafornia
- Saturday, July 23: Performance by Julius Eastman & Wild Up
- Sunday, July 31: Family Weekend Workshops: Is This a Flag?
Saturday, Aug 13 & Sep 10: Screening – Excerpts from Houses of Zodiac
- Thursday, August 18: Performance by Kelli Anna Gendalå & Karen Marie
- Saturday, Aug 27: Music by Fantastic Negrito, HPRIZM, Kelly Caballero, Jessa Calderon, Lu Coy, Renée Petropoulos, Yvonne Rainer’s Trio A With Flags, & Davia Spain
- Thursday, Sep 01 – Sunday, Sep 04: Performance by Ü & EYEYE
- Thursday, Sep 01: Performance by Ü & EYEYE – Lykke Li
- Thursday, Sep 08: Odeya NiniOdeya Nini
- September 24: Music by Arooj Aftab + Felukah + Haig Papazian’s Space Time Tuning Machine + Arshia Fatima Haq + Miho Hatori’s Salon Mondialité + Yoko Inoue
Tickets for their live music events range from $25-$40. Screenings and performance events are included with museum entry, and workshops are free with reservation. To get tickets or RSVP for these events and more, visit The Broads site here. Purchase of music events include after-hour access to exhibits.