Canines of all shapes and sizes are welcome at L.A. County Public Pools this Monday!
Summer is coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean that things are starting to cool down just yet. The return of Los Angeles County’s annual Pooch is upon us all thanks to Labor Day which means dogs will be allowed to frolic freely in eight public pools across the city this Monday, September 2!
The pools will be open to small dogs from 5p to 6p, leaving larger dogs to play between 6p and 7p. This is the third year that the county has invited dogs to have fun in the sun while making new friends before the water gets drained for the season. However, before the pups can jump into the water, dogs owners must get the approval by filling out a form and presenting current licensing and vaccination documents.
Dogs are welcome to swim at any of the following locations:
• City Terrace Park in Los Angeles, 1126 N. Hazard Ave.
• Don Knabe Community Regional Park in Cerritos, 19700 S. Bloomfield Ave.
• El Cariso Community Regional Park in Sylmar, 13100 Hubbard St.
• Everett Martin Park in Littlerock, 35548 N. 92nd St. E.
• George Lane Park in Quartz Hill, 5520 W. Ave. L8
• Knollwood Country Club in Granada Hills, 12040 Balboa Blvd.
• Loma Alta Park in Altadena, 3330 Lincoln Ave.
• Victoria Regional Community Park in Carson, 419 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
There are, of course, a few rules that need to be followed like having a handler for every two dogs and only letting your furry friend off the leash on the pool deck. If you’re interested in the full list, you can check them out here!
Featured photo courtesy of Los Angeles County
Also published on Medium.