This may not be a surpise, but LAX has made the list of the top 10 most stressful airports — according to a study by Visa Guide.
They created this ranking by surveying 1,642 air passengers who have made at least two international air trips within the last year. Each passenger was asked based on the factors that stress them out the most while traveling abroad. Here are the things that stressed them the most:
- A high number of passengers
- Large airports, which can often be difficult to navigate due to their area
- Crowded airports
- The frequency of flight delays
- The distance from the city downtown
Now if you’ve traveled to LAX, you know that airport is no stranger to the above — making LAX the sixth most stressful airport.
The official ranking goes as follows:
- London Gatwick Airport UK
- Istanbul Airport Türkiye
- Munich Airport Germany
- Denver International Airport USA
- Heathrow Airport UK
- Los Angeles International Airport USA 🤬✈️
- Fiumicino International Airport Italy
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport USA
- John F. Kennedy International Airport USA
- O’Hare International Airport
In case you’re wondering what the least stressful airports are, they found that those in Asia were the least stressful. You can find more on the study here.