Los Angeles always has a dizzying amount of incredible daily happenings, but some simply cannot be missed. Curate the perfect 2022 by browsing our top selection of bucket list events, shows, exhibits and experiences below. Your best year in L.A. awaits.
1-7. Unmissable Exhibitions In L.A.
- Image: Danny Lines / Unsplash
Spoil your senses by visiting one (or all) of these seven jaw-dropping exhibits. This year offers a cultural and artistic feast, from revisited masterpieces of Monet and Klimt to Yayoi Kusama’s the endless twinkling universes. Here are 2022’s seven bucket list exhibitions in L.A.:
- Monet: The Immersive Experience at a Montebello Warehouse
- Lee Alexander McQueen: Mind, Mythos, Muse at LACMA
- Hayao Miyazaki retrospective at the Academy Museum
- Klimt: The Immersive Experience at a Montebello Warehouse
- Bodies 2.0: The Universe Within at the Santa Monica Art Museum
- Dinos Alive in Montebello
6. Don Your Finest Threads And Make Your Debut At The Queen’s Ball
Pull up your gloves, straighten your bows and get ready for a night of delicious extravagance. Social season has officially begun in L.A. and this unforgettable Bridgerton ball is the place to be seen. You’ll mingle with the immaculately groomed members of the Ton, indulge in some Regency revelry and curtsy as low as your knees will allow. You never know, you could be crowned the “Diamond of the Season.” Make haste, though, there are only a few more dates left! Get your tickets here.
7-18. Dine At One L.A.’s Finest New Restaurants
- Credit: Ka’teen / Meta
Angelenos are lucky to have an ever-evolving dining scene inspired by global flavors and top trends, which is served up with innovative twists using seasonal produce. But just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, you’re hit with a list of incredible new eateries that you need to try. From converted recording studios with Italian-Australian fare to a Walt Disney Concert hall spot by celebrity chef Ray Garcia, you’ll find something to whet your appetite on our list.
19-22. Catch A Movie Under The Stars In A Scenic Outdoor Space
- Credit: Boat Cinema
Summer is on the horizon, which coincides with a new epic season of outdoor cinema. Catch an iconic flick immersed in some jaw-dropping scenery with one of these al fresco film series:
- Boat Cinema at Castaic Lake
- Cinespia at the Hollywood Forever Cemetary and L.A. State Historic Park
- The Cannabis And Movies Club at the historic Montalban Theater rooftop
- Street Food Cinema at various locations
23. Explore 200 Gorgeous State Parks For Free
- Credit: Adele Payman / Unsplash
California’s breathtaking natural beauty is more accessible than ever, thanks to the California State Library Parks Pass. All you need is a library card, and you can collect your pass at various public libraries throughout the state. Find out all the details of where to get yours and which parks you can get free entry for here.
24. Spend Your Summer At The Hollywood Bowl
- Credit: Hollywood Bowl / Meta
Summer at the Bowl is bucket list essential, but this year especially. After deferring its centennial celebrations (due to obvious reasons), it seems as though the Hollywood Bowl has only been building up entertainment firepower for one explosive summer. L.A.’s iconic music venue has announced the lineup for 2022, featuring sensational artists that bring the Bowl’s history to life, tracing its defining roots and connecting it to the present day. Find out more here.
25. Wonder Through A Century-Old Grove At This Lavender Farm Festival
- Credit: Highland Spring Ranch & Inn / Meta
Sip on lavender lemonade as you wander through purple heaven at this beautiful lavender farm near L.A. It’s the perfect escape from the city and the t way to tide bloom-seekers over as spring blossoms fade and the wave of summer sun rolls in. Find all the details here.