Things are heating up in LA!
As the blossoms fade and the long summer days start to roll in, the city’s restrictions are slowly dropping one by one and it’s finally beginning to resemble its former self. With a full state reopening set for June 15, it means we have an exciting summer ahead! From live music, exciting in-person events and bucketlist road trips, here’s what June has lined up for you.
1-9. Explore LGBTQIA+ History With These Iconic L.A. Landmarks
It’s Pride Month and it’s the perfect opportunity to explore the city’s rich LGBTIQA+ history through iconic landmarks. Beyond the famous annual festival, the city has an extensive history of advocating for the rights of the LGBTIQA+ community and promoting a culture of inclusivity. Find some of these vibrant landmarks here.
10. Laugh Out Loud With Comedy On The Beach
L.A.’s legendary live comedy scene has been dormant for about a year now but it’s finally back with this Comedy On the Beach experience from the creators of the Venice Comedy Compound Ahmed Ahmed & Jason Rogers. It combines all of the things we love most about L.A. in one evening: an iconic beachfront setting, hilarious national headlining comedians and delicious offerings. Tickets sell out fast, so don’t wait. Book your spot here.
11-16. Experience An Enchanting Candlelight Concert Featuring In L.A.’s Most Stunning Locations
This dreamy Candlelight concert series is ever-evolving and never ceases to dazzle audiences. This summer you’ll find incredible performances happening at some of L.A.’s most stunning locations, bathed in flickering candlelight. From Oscar-winning scores to Beethoven, you’ll get to listen to top talent performing curated pieces in a range of genres. Here are all the concerts you can catch this season:
- Candlelight Open Air: Songs from Magical Movie Soundtracks
- Candlelight Open Air: Selections of Vivaldi
- Candlelight Open Air: Mozart’s Best Works at JW Marriott Anaheim
- R&B Candlelight Concert featuring Maeta
- Candlelight: Chopin’s Best Works
- Candlelight: Film Scores and Hollywood Epics
17-26. Celebrate Pride Month With These Dazzling Installations And Events Happening Across The City
Paint the town rainbow, celebrate inclusivity, diversity, self-expression and love while recognizing the profound impact of the LGBTQ+ community on our world with our list of magical Pride events and displays. Find the full list here.
27. Sleuth Your Way Through Secret Passageways And Unique Locations At This Outdoor Murder Mystery Adventure
A glamorous dinner party turns into a crime scene and you’re invited to solve the mystery. Was it Miss Scarlet with the rope in the billiard room? That’s for you to find out. Walk through a labyrinth of secret passageways and unexpected locations, follow the trail of evidence and interrogate infamous suspects at this exclusive CLUE Live! outdoor experience. Get your tickets now and let the game begin!
28. Immerse Yourself In A World Of Allure, Illusions And Decadent Cocktails
Step into the shadows of this hidden, ornate theater, a magical world is conjured where you’ll be immersed in an experience orchestrated to entertain and beguile. The Black Rabbit Rose is bringing the Houston brothers’ signature brand of allure and spectacle to an outdoor space. Cocktails are specially crafted for the sole purpose to satisfy, amuse… and of course, enchant. Book your ticket here.
29. Feast On This Theatrical Dining Experience With Craft Cocktails And Breathtaking Views Of Hollywood
Get a taste of blazing gourmet cuisine with a vintage garage twist at the ‘Torched’ dining experience! While the hospitality industry has been a little quieter than usual, Gastro Garage has been reigniting the scene at W Hollywood with a culinary spectacle that’s keeping the night skies aglow. The rooftop’s already-popularTorched’ pop-up experience serves up dinner and a show as chefs (or “gastro mechanics”) cook your meal in front of you using industrial-sized torches! Find out more here.
30-31. Head To Rooftop For A Dazzling Night Of Films Under The Stars
- Rooftop Cinema Club: The beloved movie club is back at Santa Monica Airport this month with a 52-foot outdoor screen and they’re finally back in their natural habitat—a rooftop in El Segundo. There’ll be all classic movies like “Dazed and Confuzed” along with all sorts of delicious concessions to snack on at these unique alfresco locations. Find out more here.
- Poolside Dinner & Movie At JW Marriott’s Rooftop: Enjoy bottomless popcorn and a film under the stars at the glossy, 54-story building in the heart of Downtown L.A. Head up to the rooftop pool deck on the fourth floor and you’ll find that the hotel is putting on some entertainment of their own. Every Friday and Saturday, from April 16 until May 24, the hotel will be hosting a poolside dinner with a movie. Find out more here.
32-42. Sip On Cocktails At One Of These 11 Lush Rooftops With Incredible Views
Nothing elevates happy hour like the sweeping views of the twinkling city lights or magical pink-and-orange sunsets (courtesy of the smog), punctuated by beachside palaces and palms. If there’s one way to take in Los Angeles it’s from the top floor, shrouded in plants and dotted with fairy lights. Find a list of our favorite spots here.
43-47. Enjoy A Gourmet Feast And Pet Therapy In The Santa Monica Mountains
The idyllic 29 Oaks Ranch is known for pairing delicious farm-style food and quality time with adorable farm animals. When it comes to creating irresistible experiences you didn’t know you needed, there is simply nothing that matches it. Here are 3 blissful outdoor experience to do:
- Wine & Cheese with Goofy Goats at 29 Oaks Ranch
- Exotic Tea Tasting Afternoon with Goofy Goats at 29 Oaks Ranch
- Bubbly Mimosa Brunch with Goofy Baby Goats!
- Happy Hour & Tarot Reading With Friendly Farm Animals
- Whiskey Tasting with Wacky Goats at 29 Oaks Ranch
48. Make Waves In The Kitchen With This ‘Nailed It’ Marine At-Home Bake-Off
Following the wildly successful launch of Nailed It!: Double Trouble! earlier this year, the popular at-home bake-off series is coming back with a new summery challenge. The new season, which is now streaming on Netflix, features double the contestants and double the mayhem, and once again you’re invited to partake in the pandemonium from home. Netflix has teamed up with Fever to bring the new Nailed It! season to kitchens around the country for a live bake-off home experience set to take place on June 26. Get your kit here!
49. Cruise Into A Breathtaking L.A. Park To Enjoy Movies, Music And Food Truck Fare
The top-voted outdoor film series ‘Drive In At The Park’ is about as scenic as outdoor experiences get. Set in two visually stunning locations (Kenneth Hahn Park and Santa Clarita), you’ll enjoy a vibrant evening of films, live DJs, incredible food trucks and more. Find out more here.
50-51. Dine Above The World At One Of The Two Highest Rooptops In L.A.
When you will only settle from a view from the 69th floor or above then you can direct your gaze skyward towards these two havens in the sky. Whether it’s after-work cocktails with friends or date night, it’s hard to wrong with sweeping views of the city. Here are two of the highest rooftops to sip on mouthwatering drinks and take in sunsets.
52. Get That Summer Body At The State-Of-The-Art John Reed Fitness Club In DTLA
John Reed’s fitness music club in South Park is a 33,000 square-foot fitness playground filled with vivid neon installations, all the training equipment and facilities you could ask for, plus live DJs fueling you with high-energy music. Think private members club meets Beverly Hills boutique gym. It’s probably the only time you’ll actually enjoy getting into shape. Find out more here.
53-62. 10 Surreal Escapes Less Than 3 Hours Away From L.A.
We all need a little change of scenery every now and then, but luckily Angelenos don’t have to travel too far for it. As much as we love L.A., with some of our favorite things out the picture, there’s simply no better time to get to know the surrounding lands and discover (or rediscover) all its hidden gems. Here are some dreamy weekend escapes, less than a 3-hour drive from L.A., that will make you feel like you’ve stepped into another world. See them all here.
63. This Dreamy Open-Air Dinner Series Is Back In CA From June, And Tickets Are On Sale Now!
If there’s one table you want a seat at this year it’s the epic open-air dinner series Outstanding in the Field. After pulling the plug on the 2020 tour, the traveling restaurant is back and as popular as ever. Starting June 20, the seemingly endless, white-clothed tables will return to the most stunning locations across California. Tickets have already sold out for some dates, so don’t wait.
64. Plan Your Summer At The Hollywood Bowl
The Bowl is back! And the summer of music under the stars will see 14 weeks of concerts with 100% of seats up for grabs! All vaccination requirements have been dropped too. Tickets go on sale on June 1 with customizable options available. Find out more here.
65-75. Take A Trip To One Of These 11 Museums
After being starved of in-person arts for a year, you can finally get your cultural fix at one of these fine institutions. While some of L.A.’s major museums and galleries are yet to reopen date, you can already explore these:
- Petersen Automotive Museum
- Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- Hammer Museum
- Getty Museum
- Hammer Museum
- The Broad
- The Huntington
- Hauser & Wirth
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Norton Simon Museum
76. Book Your Tickets To This Incredible Bansky Exhibition Coming To L.A.
Take in over 100 works from one of the most influential (and controversial) creators of our time in LA this summer! Explore the iconic street artist’s most important pieces at this incredible multimedia installation, along with clues to his cleverly masked identity & even a VR element so you can immerse yourself in his legendary work like never before. You’ll want to grab your tickets before they sell out!
77. Get your pass to FAHMFest—L.A.’s largest Filipino festival in 2021.
FAHMFest’s debut celebration will transform the historic Port of Los Angeles into a cultural mecca, brimming with food, art, dance, live music and fashion of the 7,640 islands. Get a taste of true Southeast Asian spirit brought to life through 500,000 feet of colorful displays, art installations, dazzling performances, rides, and delicious fare from acclaimed Pinoy chefs. Book your tickets here.
78. See Spiderman Fly Through The Air At The All-New Avengers Campus At Disney’s California Adventure
It’s time to suit up! Avengers will assemble at the all-new interactive Marvel-themed land: Avenger Campus from June 4. The next generation of superheroes will be able to train and get in on the action alongside their favorite Super Heroes, which includes heroic escapades, tasting foods from across the galaxy at Pym Test Kitchen, and slinging webs with Spidey. It will be an explosive experience that uses technology, science and interactive features to turn Marvel fantasy into an epic reality.
79-88. Explore These 10 Hidden Gardens Around The City
While living in a thriving metropolitan area comes with endless perks—otherwise, we wouldn’t all be here, right?—now and again, we need to break away from the daily grind and escape to nature. There’s nothing quite as therapeutic as gathering your thoughts under the shade of towering trees and wandering through lush landscaping with pops of color and subtle tweets of birds to remind us we’re not the only residents. Find all 10 here.
89. Check Out This Giant Pool Amphitheater In Las Vegas
- Credit: Circa Resorts
Circa Resort & Casino has opened a giant pool amphitheater with huge screens showing all the big games! Las Vegas just got a new casino resort filled with vintage vegas charm and equipped with a 143-foot diagonal high-definition screen that will satisfy all your sports viewing needs. Find out more here.
90. Glide Over Stunning Crystal Waters In A Transparent Kayak At Lake Tahoe
Yes, moving into Yellow Tier status with increasing second doses being administered means we’re officially hitting the road again. Naturally, Lake Tahoe’s incredible white sand beaches, bordered by the snowcapped Sierra Nevada Mountains, spring to mind. Not only does it offer stunning scenery geographically and architecturally, but it is filled with a ton of thrilling outdoor activities—like paddling the vast waters on a transparent kayak.
Featured Image: Hollywood Bowl